Monday, September 7, 2009

Summer Is Over: Back to School

After almost a full year of being in Chicago, it was time for the both of us to take a vacation! Phil left right after finishing his summer research to go to Alaska for ten days!  He literally fished night and day.  He caught lots of fish and spent some overdue time with family.  I will have to see if I can get some pictures to put on here of his trip.

After spending a relaxing week in Chelan with my dad and Terrie I went home to pick up Phil at the airport so that he could get a little R&R in before he started school again.  That night we met up with some friends and in the morning headed to Ellensburg to meet up with his uncle and grandma and my friend Jan.  We had a great lunch at the Tav and then spent a little time driving past our favorite spots.  
Then we headed over to Chelan just in time for Dad's birthday dinner.  We had dinner at Campbell's and were just in time to catch the tail end of a sunset before we went back to camp for pie and ice cream!

We had a super relaxing week in Chelan, despite the weather not cooperating with us.  Our friends, Danielle and Greg were also in town and we spent time doing things with them.  We played mini golf, went to slide waters, went boating, had lunch at Blueberry Hills, drove around to winerys, and took plenty of naps!
Finally it was time to leave.  Phil had to go back to school and I wanted to spend some time over on the westside.  So Phil and I got one last meal at the Lakeview and drove home to meet Kris and Tessa in Edmonds.  We went to a bar in town to watch the Seahawk game.  Then the next morning we met up with Phil's friend Brian and his family for lunch before we left for the airport.
After dropping Phil off at the airport I battled traffic and headed to Jessica's house for fish tacos with her, Josh and her parents.  The next morning I met up with Jessica and Bobby for Pita's to catch up before they headed back to Spokane.  Then it was home to get ready for Chicks with Sticks with the girls.  We got to the 14th hole before it was too dark to play anymore.  Michelle and I spent the remainder of the night on the couch watching True Blood.
The next day I headed up to my Mom's to hang out for a couple of days.  We hung out and had dinner, then the next day we rode our bikes 17.5 miles from Arlington to Snohomish to have lunch and an ice cream cone.  Then we rode back!  Surprisingly it didn't seem that far.

Thursday night I headed over to Adam and Sarah's for dinner.  They used their BBQ for the first time in their new apartment and it was delicious.  I also got to meet their puppy, Chloe! So cute in her little pink diapers.  Then I stopped bye to hang out with Tara and Michelle before heading over to Jodi's for the night.

Friday was a busy day.  I first went over to my friend Janets and we hung out and went to lunch at the Maltby Cafe.  Then I stopped bye Bree's house to hang out for a bit before going to Vanessa's for a BBQ.  After that I stopped in at the Rock to see Ryan and Rachael, then finally spent the night at Jessica's.

Saturday morning, I headed over the Shawn's restaurant to have breakfast with the family and then headed home to get ready for Larisa and Dave's reception.  It was a great party and turned out to be a great day to celebrate the happy couple!

After the reception I headed over to Larisa and Dave's house before I went to meet up with Jessica, Bri and Chris to go danincing to my favorite band, the Spazzmatics!  It was so much fun! I have been really wanting to do that lately and it was just what I needed!

The next morning I met up with my friend Arielle for coffee to catch up before going home to pack up.  Then I headed over to grandma's for some quality time before heading home!

Now we are both back in school and we are so happy that we got to spend time going home to visit our friends and family's and to get to spend time with each other without having to study or work!  

No comments: